IS THIS SERVICE FOR YOU?
- Transitioning out of school or college and looking at all the available daytime activities and support?
- Unhappy with, or bored by, your current day-to-day routine?
- Facing this challenge alone or with limited support?
- Interested in a daytime support that is focused on what you really want and need?
- Looking for a way to connect with similar people in your community?
Then EnhanceAble’s Daytime Services are here for you. Whether you want to come all day or just for a specific activity or event… whether or not you need personal care or 1 to 1 support… and whatever your disability… you are welcome.
HOW CAN OUR DAY SERVICES HELP YOU?
Based at Geneva Road in Kingston, our exceptional on-site team currently support people of all ages with various disabilities through a rich programme of activities.
- Here the focus is on group activities that promote independence and well-being.
- We also offer day trips, wellbeing therapies and personal support, and take great pride in the positive impact our day services have on service users and their families.
- People love the healthy and affordable lunches we provide five days a week.
- Surprisingly well equipped, this vital community resource has exceptional facilities including a well-equipped physio and exercise room, an IT room and a highly popular sensory room
- Every service user has a strong say in what we do.
- Some people might also need one to one personal support – we can also provide that.
- Changing four times a year, our rich programme of activities is varied and comprehensive, offering great choices for everyone.
- Our focus is on helping service users to develop self-esteem and confidence, as well as vital social and life skills – often through activities that have a strong educational value.
- These activities include: art & crafts * baking & cooking * building independence * exercise & sport * IT * music & games * gardening * hobbies & interests * life skills * sensory stimulation
- Our groups are informed by you. We arrange tutors and facilitators for the activities people want.
DAYTRIPS & DISCOS
- Trips to local attractions like Richmond Park and Hampton Court and the seaside often prove very popular.
- Other favourites include bowling trips, visits to the local gym and our monthly discos.
WELLBEING & THERAPIES
- Through visiting and in-house therapists, we offer massage, physiotherapy, relaxation and many other therapies.
- To offer such a wide mix of therapies in an accessible environment, and with the right support, is a relatively rare thing – certainly locally.
ON-SITE PERSONAL SUPPORT
Well trained, well supported and experienced, our dedicated on-site team is fully committed to the needs of each service user… and to making sure they get exactly what they want out of their placement at the centre.
- We can support adults with physical disabilities, learning disabilities, acquired brain injury and/or sensory disabilities.
- Specifically, all staff are trained to use Makaton, and are qualified to undertakecomplex moving and handling. (NB: We don’t use agency staff.)
- On hand to support service users with any problems, faced either with us or at home, our staff also help them to achieve new independence and to access new opportunities.
GIVING SERVICE USERS THEIR SAY
We‘re committed to giving our service users regular input into how we do things – listening closely to what they want and need, and evolving our services accordingly.
That’s why we:
- Constantly invite service users to share their thoughts and views
- Directly involve them in the choice of activities in our programme
- Hold a Service User Conference once a year
Call up or email Mat Bednarski to arrange a visit.
As a potential service user, you are welcome to come in for a free trial day at the centre (arranged with Mat first).